updated almost 2 years ago
Hi, I'm really sorry if the template keeps 'throwing a bug', truly I am; and, I will do my best to fix it. But to do that, I really need your help. You see, when I receive an email about a bug, I really want to drop everything and put it right, I want you to be using my template correctly and producing your books as fast as you can - I don't want you fighting with my software. But, if I get an email saying, "The template doesn't run," then there's not a lot I can do. You see, for a lot of people, it does run, it does work; so, what we need to do is find out why it's not working for you. And for that, I need information. So, if you can tell me the following, it would help narrow down what's wrong and what I might need to do:
- The app you are using, i.e. 1-CBC Pro, 1-CBC Kindle, 1-Click Singles, 1-Click Thesis, etc.
- The error message (a screenshot would be great) - most Window versions have 'Snipping tool' now (click on the 'Start' button in Windows and start typing snipping... you should see it).
- What you were doing on the lead up to the error message - I know this sounds silly, but where in the app were you when this happened? If it's on install, it helps us identify and resolve the problem.
- Any other appropriate information - wow, this is a wildcard...but Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, etc.
- Did you have any other programs open?
It's nigh on impossible for us to do anything constructive and to help you without this basic information.
I know it can be a pain to do all of this, but if you can, you're helping us a great deal - and we really appreciate that!